Blogs
Jocs
Campanyes
Viu en català
Música
Fòrum
Xat

The Myth of Universal Humor

Fòrum en català d'opinió i debat lliure sobre actualitat, països catalans, país valencià, política, esport, informàtica... per als usuaris joves de flog.cat

No has iniciat sessió.

#1 08-11-2017 09:03:47

breckjensen
Usuari
Paleta de temes
Registrat: 28-09-2017
Missatges: 67

The Myth of Universal Humor

“The World’s Funniest Joke.” Apparently, the one thing today’s world finds universally funny is murder. Having spent a great deal of time pursuing what makes comedy unique to a culture, I must admit the example of what unites cultures in the humor department is a bit of a letdown. Sounds more like a dad joke than the great equalizer. Luckily, there exist individuals and organizations devoted to exploring the cross-cultural complications of humor beyond just a winning punchline.
I don’t mean to disparage the work of the LaughLab, the group responsible for finding the world champion yuk-yuk. In many ways this brainchild of Psychologist Richard Wiseman and the British Association for the Advancement of Science was far ahead of its time, using the internet to collect international research before Facebook was even a thing. As explained on the LaughLab website, anyone around the world was allowed to submit a joke.

For More Details               

best explainer videos

Desconnectat

08-11-2017 09:03:47

Peu del fòrum

© flog.cat, 2009
Powered and © by PunBB